Saturday, May 22, 2010

My first

This is the first time in my life that I can honestly say that I am in love. I still don't think I know all that the word encompasses. I believe I know what it is, then a new day dawns, a new feeling emerges, and there I am, shaking my head...

This is the first time in my life that I start a new portion my life with high hopes. I have not had the greatest track record in the relationship category of life but I am so thankful to God and my love that I find myself in this place. I have searched my whole life for someone who would understand who and what I am and accept it unconditionally...love me unconditionally...accept my love in return unconditionally...

This is also the first time in my life that I will have to give up the reins to my independence. I have finally found someone that wants to take care of me...take care of me, what a wonderful concept. I have always been the caregiver in any relationship. Daughter, Christian, wife, friend...I have always been the one to shoulder the burden, look for the solution. This is going to be a learning experience. And a difficult one. Not that I am not looking forward to it...just gonna take some adjusting. Thankfully, I have found one of the most patient partners that God ever created. And I just want to add...GOOD JOB GOD!!! I marvel at the creation.

This is the first time in my life that I look forward to every day and what it may hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment