Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 7

The biggest problem with trying to recommend what books to use to get someone 'into' comics is that...most anything from the big 2, which is roughly 65-75 percent of the market by money and/or by weight, has hundreds of issues of continuity that will be asked about. The other 25-35 percent of the books are much easier to get into for a new reader but they will automatically not be one of the 'popular kids'. Rather my suggestion would be to go to a shop and just browse. Pick up something that feels good and run with it.

Speaking of which New Comic Book Day!!!!

If I do not push a book based merely on the genome of the creators or character does that make me more or less shallow then those who do? That seems to be a very vogue thing for geek to do. I as a WASP cis male am now the least popular type of creator or character. For me comics is about entertainment and I don't really give a hot damn about those things. If I'm entertained, the book worked if I'm not it didn't. No race/gender/politics necessary.

I wonder who has the license to publish Disney's characters in comics and why they are not putting anything out.

Philly Flank Steak Quesadillas for dinner.

Posted Thorcast 113.

Now relaxing while watching the Pens...hopefully win. That would be way more relaxing then the alternative.

Getting closer to being caught up on my BOOM! reading but I still want to get my Marvel stuff to a good stopping point and start on my X-men read/re-read.


No comments:

Post a Comment