Saturday, November 22, 2014

Three hundred

On and off sleep. New place new sounds but ok overall.

Lots of walking around at the Southern Christmas Show.

One of the first booths we stopped out had some of the coolest pottery Chef Teri and I had seen. We ended up purchasing some but for me that wasn't remotely important. After choosing what we wanted we paid and told the gentleman, whom we now know is Gregory Warren, to keep the change which amounted to less then three dollars. What happened then impacted me in such a profound way and I don't believe I can really explain to anyone else why. Mr Warren was so surprised and touched by our generosity that in that moment I saw for just an instant the kinda of genuine gentleness and kindness that is missing from humanity as a whole. I'm not sure anyone else can even understand I however was moved at that point to the extent after leaving his booth I had to stop and clear my eyes of the tears that had come unbidden and filled my eyes to the point I couldn't see to walk around. Just a couple minutes later it was as if nothing had happened. Chef Teri was there with me and I'm not even sure she fully understood what had happened or why, I'm not even fully sure myself. Either way I need to thank Mr Warren and thank God for putting me in that situation and allowing me the opportunity to experience something that touched me that deeply that quickly.

After the show we searched and decided on Bosnian as the cuisine for dinner. It was excellent and well worth the effort.

Man it was good to be home and after a Pens game to catch our breath we hit the sack in our own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment